This hulking and barbaric piece of metal is our newly updated pig box. The fine metal workers at the Walla Walla Farmer's Coop gave our old pig box an update.
- an insulated wall
- grills that swing away from the coal bed
- grills that raise over a foot high for slow slow roasting
- a door in the oven
- a rack for the pig to rest on inside
- a thermometer port
- handles that slide out to lift off the coal bed
- and caster wheels (to be added soon)
Imagine this menu for about 150 guests, cooked entirely on site, over and under mesquite charcoal.
- whole pig slow roasted
- grilled summer vegetables
- whole butterflied slow roasted chicken
Add a nice salad, a potato or rice dish of some kind, some more beautiful produce from the valley... and, well, that sounds pretty yummy.